Gold Coin Grass (GCG) (CAD$)
Our Gold Coin Grass (GCG) tincture contains GCG, bupleurum, rhubarb, and tangerine peel. GCG, also known as Jin Qian Cao, has been used in China for centuries as a beverage tea. In traditional Chinese medicine, GCG is believed to “clear damp heat” from the liver and gallbladder.
- Gold Coin Grass (GCG) is the primary ingredient of our tincture, which is a literal translation of the Chinese name “Jin Qian Cao”. This herb is also known as Lysimachiae Herba or Herba Desmodii Styrachifolii. In traditional Chinese medicine, it is believed to “clear damp heat in the liver and gallbladder”, among other uses.
- Bupleurum is the secondary ingredient of our tincture, which is also known as Chai Hu or Bupleuri Radix. The literal English translation of the name is “Twigs of the Barbarians”. In traditional Chinese medicine, Chai Hu is believed to strengthen the immune system and “open the liver”.
- Rhubarb is a “helper” ingredient of our tincture, which is also known as Da Huang or Rhei Radix et Rhizoma. In traditional Chinese medicine, it is believed to “clear heat” and “invigorate the blood”.
- Qing Pi, is a “helper” ingredient, which is also known as Green Tangerine Peel or Citri Reticulatae Viride Pericarpium. In traditional Chinese medicine, Qing Pi is believed to “spread liver chi”.
Take 1 tablespoon (about 15 mL) per day. Best Taken in the morning on an empty stomach. Keep out of reach of children. Store away from direct sunlight or heat.
If you are allergic to any of these herbs, it is possible you may experience some mild reactions such as rash, headache, or increased bowel movements and flatulence. Avoid use when pregnant and or breastfeeding.
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Materia Medica 3rd Edition, D Bensky & S Clavey & E Stöger, Eastland Press 2004, pp303-306.
- Ibid, pp.73-78.
- Ibid, pp.235-240.
- Ibid, pp.514-516.
- Journal of Urology, Feb 1993, Effect of Desmodium styracifolium-triterpenoid on calcium oxalate renal stones, Hirayama H1, Wang Z, Nishi K, Ogawa A, Ishimatu T, Ueda S, Kubo T, Nohara T.
250 mL (8½ fl oz) Bottle
1 tbsp (15mL) per Serving Size
16 Servings per Bottle
Prime Health Products
Made in Canada
Full List of Ingredients
- Gold Coin Grass (Jin Qian Cao, Herba Lysimachiae , or Herba Desmodii Styrachifolii)
- Bupleurum (Chai Hu or Bupleuri Radix)
- Rhubarb (Da Huang or Rhei Radix et Rhizoma)
- Qing Pi (Green Tangerine Peel or Citri Reticulatae Viride Pericarpium)
- Distilled Water
- Ethyl Alcohol (23% volume)
Ingredients are subject to change at the manufacturer's discretion. For the most complete and up to date list of ingredients, refer to product packaging.