Chinese Bitters Capsules (CAD$)
Our classic Chinese Bitters formula, but slightly stronger in capsule form. Chinese Bitters Capsules are ideal for people who want to take the Chinese Bitters tincture in a non-alcoholic form.
In China, these herbs were traditionally believed to "decongest the liver and gallbladder", "clear heat", nourish and strengthen the stomach and spleen.
- Chinese Gentian is the primary ingredient in our tincture, which is also known as Long Dan Cao, Gentianae Radix, or Bitterwort. In Chinese medicine, Gentian is used to “decongest the liver and gallbladder”.
- Scutellaria is the second ingredient in our tincture, which is also known as Huang Qin, Baikal Skullcap, or Scutellaria Baicalensis. In traditional Chinese medicine, Huang Qin is believed to “clear heat”, particularly in the abdomen.
- Atractylodes is the third ingredient in our Chinese Bitters, which is also known as Bai Zhu or Atractylodis Radix. In traditional Chinese medicine, it is believed to “nourish and strengthen” the stomach and spleen.
- Bupleurum is the secondary ingredient of our tincture, which is also known as Chai Hu or Bupleuri Radix. The literal English translation of the name is “Twigs of the Barbarians”. In traditional Chinese medicine, Chai Hu is believed to strengthen the immune system and “open the liver”.
Take 1 to 3 capsules per day with a glass of water as a dietary supplement. Do not use it while pregnant, breastfeeding, menstruating, or if you have ulcers. If you experience headaches, take a smaller amount. We suggest that if you are taking Chinese Bitters daily, you should take a 1 week break once per month. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children.
If you are pregnant, nursing, have allergies, have a medical condition, or are taking any medications, consult a doctor before using this or any other dietary supplement.
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Materia Medica 3rd Edition, D Bensky & S Clavey & E Stöger, Eastland Press 2004, pp.141-144.
- Ibid, pp.131-134.
- Ibid, pp.726-729.
- Ibid, pp.73-78.
180 Capsules per Bottle
3 Capsules per Serving Size
60 Servings per Container
Prime Health Products
Product of Canada
Full List of Ingredients
- Chinese Gentian (Long Dan Cao) Powder
- Scutellaria (Huang Qin) Powder
- Actractylodes (Bai Zhu) 20:1 Extract Powder
- Bupleurum (Chai Hu) 10:1 Extract Powder
- Hypromellose (Capsule)
- Organic Rice Flour
Ingredients are subject to change at the manufacturer's discretion. For the most complete and up to date list of ingredients, refer to product packaging.